Our site is tested by TWO services every day to protect your information.
Unlike some of our competitors, we are an authorized retailer for everything we sell - we do not use unathorized "Gray Market" sources.
Preamps and Processors:
Preamplifiers (1 Channel)
LR Baggs Gigpro Single-Channel Belt-pack Preamp
This Item SHIPS FOR FREE in the USA!
(Note that larger items may carry a partial shipping charge to AK, HI and PR.)
Outside the USA? Log in, or add this item to your cart to see actual shipping costs to your state or country.
(You can easily remove it if you change your mind.)
Add to Wishlist
Today is MLK Day...
Today is a federal holiday celebrating the life and achievements of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in the United States. All US Post Offices are closed today in recognition of this holiday, so orders processed and "shipped" in our system today will be packed and labeled, but will not actually be physically
shipped until tomorrow. UPS is still operating today, so larger items that go by UPS will ship as normal.
The GigPro Single-Channel Preamp is a tiny, belt-pack style acoustic preamplifier that packs a lot of features in a lightweight and pretty compact package. In addition to its passive* bass and treble controls, it has a tool many bass players find a necessity: an adjustable low-cut filter. The GigPro also has a phase control, as well as the ability to supply the 9v phantom power that most mini condenser mics require. While aimed at acoustic guitar, its feature set makes it an excellent choice for use with upright bass.
The photo at right shows Bob at a Gospel Bluegrass affair in September 2010, where he paired the LR Baggs GigPro preamp with the Fishman Full Circle pickup on his pre-war Juzek bass. While his amp wasn't too far away he had very handy volume and tone controls. Also shown in the photo inset is the Meisel COM-90 tuner.
- Size: 4.75 x 2.85 x 1.25
- Weight (with battery): 6.6 oz.
- Battery Type: Single 9V
- Power Consumption: 1.6mA
- Battery Life: 300+ Hours
- Class: Pure Class A, all discrete
- EQ: Passive
- Treb: +/- 6dB @ 7kHz
- Bass: +/- 6dB @ 80Hz
- Low Cut: +/- 6dB @ 80Hz - (adjustable) 27Hz to 200Hz
- Gain: +6dB to +28d
- Signal-To-Noise: -90dB, 27Hz-20kHz unweighted
- Input Impedance: 10 Megohms
- Output Impedance: 800 Ohms
We've added our own notes to some of the feature keys on the illustration to the right, to better describe their use in the real world.
- A. Treble: passive*
- B. Bass: passive*
- *Passive tone controls can throw those of us used to active tone controls for a loop, since they behave differently than one might expect. Lots of preamps have active EQ controls, meaning that they boost or cut a specific band of frequencies using active and extra circuity to accomplish it. However, old school instruments, for example, have a tone knob that is passive, meaning at the full-on position you get all the frequencies, and rotating it the other way cuts that frequency band. That's how the treble and bass controls on the GigPro work. So, start full-up and trim away highs or lows as needed.
- C. Trim: The Trim Control is an adjustable 12dB/octave low cut filter that is adjustable from 27Hz to 200Hz. Also referred to as a High Pass Filter, this useful tool lets you choose a frequency and gently suppress notes below that choice. It's ideal when your pickup is sending a lot of "rumble", "boominess", and useless lows that muddy up your sound.
- D. Volume Control that affects the output signal sent to the amp or next device.
- E. 1/4” Output: This is a regular unbalanced output for a standard mono cable. A standard mono cable is necessary as it switches the preamp on.
- F. Invert: This control changes the polarity, also described as phase, of the signal. Reversing phase can often get you a few more db when you are close to feedback.
- G. Battery Status LED: The battery status LED remains on at all times when the unit is plugged in. As the battery weakens the light will gradually dim.
- H. Battery Compartment: To change your battery, remove the two screws adjacent to the belt clip using a screwdriver or a dime. Slide the preamp out of the housing and replace the battery.
- I. Phantom Power Switch: If you are using a mini-mic that requires phantom power, open the Gigpro's case. The phantom power switch is adjacent to the input jack.
- J. Gain Control: The adjustable gain allows you to tailor the preamp's performance for lots of boost for a low signal pickup, or trim gain back to handle a very hot signal, such as an instrument that has an onboard preamp.
- K. 1/4” Input: This is a regular unbalanced input for a standard mono instrument cable.
Is this product returnable? Click here for our return policy.
Is there a Factory Warranty? Click here to find Warranty Information for all of our manufacturers.
International customer? Click here for important information about ordering from outside the USA, and what to expect concerning taxes, VAT, delivery times, and more.
Check Out the FAQ Resources That Apply to This Product:
PREAMPS: Do You NEED a Preamp with Your URB Pickup?
Preamps: Which Preamp is Best for Me? (A 'Buyer's Guide')
Wow, you've got a lot of preamps, Mark. What's the diff? Why should I get this one, or that one, or... HELP!
Kremona DB-1 Wood-Encased Upright Bass Pickup for Bridge Wing
This new bridge wing pickup is the easiest wing pickup to install; no complicated fitment, no tools, no hassle (on almost every bass). And it has a warm, full-bodied sound. Excellent for the traveling bassist, or someone who needs to be able to quickly and easily remove the pickup.
The BAND Upright Bass Pickup
A unique design that works well, and is easily mounted on the bass for temporary or travel use, with no modifications or tools. Also makes an excellent "permanent" choice, because it sounds great!
Schatten Design Mini Pre - Single and Dual Channel Preamps
Do you just need impedance buffering and a little bit of gain? Here's a simple, small and lightweight 1 or 2-channel preamp for getting the benefits of impedance buffering and gain structure -- without the added complications (and cost) of other bells and whistles you may not want or need. Available in one and two-channel versions...
LR Baggs Mixpro Dual-Channel Belt-pack Preamp
The Mixpro is a 2-channel preamp with built-in phantom power capability - an optional special package includes the preamp and a splitter-cable mounting kit so you can add a pickup to your existing K&K Golden Bullet Mic...
TVM50 Battery Powered Musical Instrument Amplifier
I've been asked many times about battery-powered bass amps, for those who need to play campground gigs, outdoor festivals, and the like. There are very few options -- but for reinforcement purposes, this one might just be the ticket... (1x10 combo, 50w)
K&K Sound Golden Bullet Microphone for Upright Bass
The Golden Bullet Microphone is a condenser mic chosen specifically for its characteristics and performance with the Double Bass. This is not an "off-the-shelf" microphone, but one designed and custom built by K&K...
Some of our customers have told us what they think about this product.
Check out what they had to say!
The sound from my new Realist Lifeline is great. Thank you for the recommendation on this pickup. Installation was easy and the pickup didn't change the sound of my bass. I did add a LR Baggs Gigpro Single-Channel Belt-pack Preamp for an outdoor gig that didn't have house speakers in order to crank my amp to the max. The Gigpro worked great to eliminate feedback. I especially like the trim on the Gigpro to cut the boominess and keep the sound tight and clean. Thank you again for the great products and answering all the questions I had before ordering. Thanks too for posting the various FAQs on equipment.
—Daniel B (August 2016)