CLARUS - Series 4plus 2-Channel Amplifier
- FREE SHIPPING:
- To Continental US (Lower 48)
The Clarus amplifier head can be matched with most any speaker cabinet, for use with a huge variety of instruments. Its clean, transparent sound is exceptional for bringing out the best in acoustic instruments like upright or acoustic-electric bass, acoustic or jazz-box guitar, violin, mandolin, cello, harp, ukulele, and more. Unlike the amps of the (not so distant) past, you don't need a roadie to help you move it, either - this 650w preamp/amplifier is under 5 lbs, and fits easily into a small padded carry bag (included) that you carry with one hand.
The Clarus head is the same "front end" featured in Acoustic Image's popular combos, like the Coda, Ten2, and Corus models, with the newest, quietest, most reliable power amp yet.
Couple this amazing head with an Acoustic Image "EX" extension speaker, or with a bass or guitar speaker from another manufacturer. It even sounds great powering a passive PA speaker, like a JBL or Mackie wedge! Provides full-range, uncolored sound for the most realistic reproduction of your acoustic instrument. (Though it works great with keyboards, too!)
I use Acoustic Image gear for almost all of my URB and EUB gigs... what wins me over is -- when teamed with a good pickup or mic -- the amp tends to simply make my bass sound acoustically bigger, rather than giving it a separate electric voice.
With 600 watts of power and two channels, instrumental and mic inputs, plus effects, Clarus is our most full-featured integrated amp.
- Extended frequency range, high fidelity sound
- Light weight (<4 lbs.), small size (10.2 x 8.2 x 3.5)
- Unique, slanted front chassis
- Mounts in cabinet using Cabrio Docking System
- Separate XLR and 1/4 inch inputs in each channel can be used simultaneously
- 48V phantom power and 10 dB gain select for mic input
- Input level control per channel
- Four band EQ per channel
- Selectable phase reverse and sweepable low cut filter per channel (phase reverse can be converted to low pass speaker emulation filter with internal jumper option)
- Effects loop per channel
- Selectable reverb and delay effects with level and rate controls and pseudo stereo output
- Direct out with selectable 10 dB pad, pre/post switch and ground lift-Headphone output
- Switchable limiter
- Mute switch
- Mono or stereo output from the preamp section
- Selectable internal jumper options for gain and stereo operation
- High fidelity, low noise operation: 110 dB SNR at direct out
- Automatic voltage switching for universal AC mains operation
- 650 Watt output at 4 ohms (music power)
- Dual speaker outputs with speakon connectors
- Comes with padded case
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz-20 kHz (±0.5 dB)
- AC Power: 100V to 240V, 50/60 Hz, automatically switched
- Size: 10" x 8" x 3.5"
- Weight: 4 lbs
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (±0.5 dB)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >110 dB at direct out
- Controls and Inputs
- Mic Input: 600 ohm balanced, XLR connector, switchable 10 dB gain
- Phantom Power: 48 volts, on/off switch w/LED indicator
- Instrument Input: 1 M Ohm impedance, 1/4 inch jack
- Direct Out: +4 dB, balanced, XLR, ground lift, pre/post EQ selector, switchable 10 dB pad
- Effects Loop: Parallel type
- EQ Controls:
- Low Control: Shelving type, ±12 dB at 50 Hz
- Low Mid Control: ±12 dB at 250 Hz
- Hi Mid Control: ±12 dB at 1200 Hz
- Treble Control: Shelving type, ±12 dB at 8 kHz
- Low Cut Filter: -12 dB/octave sweepable from 30 to 150 Hz
- Phase Reverse: Switchable 180 degree phase reverse
- Speaker Emulator: (if selected) -12 dB/octave at 4 kHz
- Type: 24 bit digital with 3 programs
- Reverb with variable decay time,
- Delay/Reverb with variable delay time
- Delay with variable delay time
- All have variable wet/dry mix and “pseudo stereo” capability
- Topology: Class D (PWM)
- Switching Frequency: 500 kHz
- Output Power 8 Ohm: 300W rms continuous, 350W rms music (40% duty cycle), 500W peak transient
- Output Power 4 Ohm: 500W rms continuous, 650W rms music (40% duty cycle), 1000W peak transient
- Supplied Accessories: Gig bag with shoulder strap
14 Day Trial Period on Series 4 Acoustic Image amps and speaker cabinets
New owners have a fourteen day trial period during which they may return the amp in new condition -- NO QUESTIONS ASKED! -- for a full refund, minus our outgoing shipping cost and a small transaction fee to cover credit card or PayPal payment processing. Returns must be preauthorized; a restocking fee applies if the unit is not returned in new condition.
14-Day Trial Period
Your purchase of this Acoustic Image Amplification Equipment is covered by the exclusive Gollihur Music 14-day Trial Period, under the following terms:
You may contact us to return this item, for any reason (or no reason), within the first fourteen days of ownership. The timer starts on the day that you receive the item, not the order date.
Returns are subject to deductions as follows:
- Any shipping costs you paid are not refunded, and if the item shipped free, the costs we incurred to ship the item to you will be deducted from your refund or credit.
- All shipping costs you incur to return the item are your responsibility.
- A small fee is deducted from your refund to cover credit card/PayPal fees which are not refunded to us even if we refund your charge. Note that if you choose to accept a store credit instead of a refund, this deduction does not apply.
Items must be returned in 100% "as new" condition, with all original packaging, shipping materials, and accessories/manuals/bonus items. Deductions are assessed for missing or damaged items.
IMPORTANT: You must contact us for authorization BEFORE shipping the item back.
Need to figure out some of the more in-depth features of this product? Here's a copy of the manual, in PDF format, here.
You may wish to visit the manufacturer's website to see if a more recent version is available.
We stand behind our products with a full warranty of five years from the date of purchase. Speaker components are warranted for 180 days. Should a problem arise, please call us before returning your amplifier or enclosure. Naturally, our warranty does not cover products that have been damaged through misuse.
Bottom line, we don't say that ours is a "lifetime warranty" or even a "limited lifetime warranty". We do, however, commit to treat you the way we would like to be treated. For good.
Light, powerful, transparent, reliable
This has been my main amp for upright & doubling for over 1.5 years, after “upgrading” from the single channel SL. It checks *almost all the boxes for what I look for. Much more than anything else I’ve seen on the market, so it still earns five stars. As the title says, it truly is all those things. 2 channels have been handy for pickup blending, doubling, and as the house rig for jam sessions- giving guests the 2nd channel for independent eq. 2ohm min is a wonderful feature. I have 2 cabs I choose between: a 4ohm 2x10 and an 8ohm 1x10. This feature allows me to safely run them together when duty calls 2 things I wish it had (for 11 stars) are 1: a notch filter, and 2: a sweepable mid. Most modest amps will get you a fine tone at low to medium volumes. But I often have to play in loud situations where these tools are essential, along with low-cut filter and phase reverse (both of which it does have). For these times, I add the Fishman Platinum preamp and couldn’t be happier.
Simply amazing !!!!
I got the Clarus Amp from Gollihur and is exactly what is advertised, beautiful cristal clear sound, zero distortion, just AMAZING !!! Is kind of hard to understand how much nice sound and volume comes out of that small box !!! One thing I love, the adjustments, so effective, and the volume is a real all-the-way volume, you keep turning it, and more sound comes out, but no distortion at all, not like those fake pots that start distorting past mid point. I play Latin Music, you know, deep very deep ultra clean bass without mids or highs, and it sounds just gorgeous and tight even at the lowest E. Highs and Mids are there so solid too, I guess it is also a dream for any acoustic instrument. This little box, I mean, very little as compared to others, is simply a dream for small gigs and practice sessions, I give it 100 stars out of 5, and more.
Bob and Mark, I received my AI Clarus today. Very well packed. It seems in perfect working order. I just wanted to thank you guys for getting it to me so quickly. Your tips sheet was a valuable and worthwhile addition. Initial tests... were very impressive. I played a Music Man Stingray (4 string) with very old, Heavy flatwounds through it and heard harmonic content I didn't believe was there. Tomorrow, the Kay. :) I'll be playing my old Kay with a Realist and other electric basses through it... High end pro amplification for bass under 30 lbs: Priceless! Thanks again for the ultra fast service.