Magellan 350 MG12T-V Small Combo
- FREE SHIPPING:
- To Continental US (Lower 48)
This is the "High-Boy" combo from Genzler. It's got the 12" Magellan cabinet, which is highly compact but really puts the sound out there. I used one on an audition recently (with electric bass) and the thing just crushed it, easily keeping up with a drummer, two guitars, and a keyboard player. Truly impressive. And it is, like the other Genzler gear, highly transparent, so it works exceptionally well with upright. If you want "flat EQ" you GET "flat EQ." Your sound, just louder. And plenty of variation is easily accessed with the onboard EQ and contour controls.
The MG-350 head delivers 175 watts as the combo (shown above) -- and if you add an additional cabinet, the head puts out 350 watts into this remarkable "mini-stack." It's a formidiable, yet very compact, rig; excellent sound, really nice depth, and enough volume for almost any small- to mid-sized gig. And it has a built-in DI for use in large gigs where you need to send your signal to the house and use your amp for onstage monitoring.
The new Magellan 350 amplifier head keeps all the things we liked about the "old" stuff -- and some rockin' new features. With a 1 megohm input impedance, it's compatible with a vast array of piezo-electric pickups, as well as magnetic pickups, without the need for an external preamp.
The 350 has a simplified setup (compared to the 800) befitting its smaller size, but it features a contour control, which allows you to quickly dial in a preset tone (this works best for electric, but you might find it useful on upright as well.) But it also has a 3-band EQ with semi-parametric mids for even more control over your tone. And it features a mute switch, thermally controlled fan, and a full-featured XLR DI.
The head is attached to the MG-12T-V cabinet using their special bracket, which allows for quick removal if you want to use the components separately.
The output is -- to be blunt -- ridiculous for a cabinet of this size. Excellent efficiency, great bass response, and a wide soundstage all conspire to make this what could be a new "best" amp for people who need a rig that can do both upright and electric.
With a vertical orientation, it gets the sound where it needs to go, and sounds fab. And it's so light and easy to manage!
- Dimensions: 22.4”T x 14.5”W x 16”D
- Weight: 27 Lbs
- Clean Channel – Pristine and Articulate
- Dual-Curve Variable Contour Circuitry
- Active 3 Band EQ w/Parametric Mid Control
- Signal Mute Switch
- Thermal Sensing Variable Speed Fan Cooling
- Full Featured XLR Direct Output Interface
- Dual Speakon® and ¼” Combination Input Jacks
- Vertical "Tallboy" Cabinet Design
Jeff Genzler has been in the bass amplification game for a long time. Going back a few years, we were very proud to carry the amps branded under his previous company. The absorption of a manufacturer into another, larger corporation can, unfortunately, sometimes be messy and laden with pitfalls. Consequently, Jeff's original amp line was lost to corporate downsizing.
Like the phoenix, though, from the ashes of that previous venture, Jeff has risen - re-energized, and a little wiser, perhaps. And you and I are the beneficiaries, because his new amp company - simply, "Genzler Amplification," is making some STELLAR new amps and cabinets.
We were very lucky to entertain a visit from Jeff at our new digs recently, and he brought along his killer new Magellan amp and a couple of the new line-array cabinets. I wouldn't let him leave without signing me on as a dealer -- the stuff sounds that good.
7 Day Trial Period on Amplifiers and Speaker Cabinets
Click the tab above for details!
7-Day Trial Period
Your purchase of this item is covered by the exclusive Gollihur Music 7-day Trial Period, under the following terms:
You may contact us to return this item, for any reason (or no reason), within the first seven days of ownership. The timer starts on the day that you receive the item, not the order date.
Returns are subject to deductions as follows:
- Any shipping costs you paid are not refunded, and if the item shipped free, the costs we incurred to ship the item to you will be deducted from your refund or credit.
- All shipping costs you incur to return the item are your responsibility.
- A small fee is deducted from your refund to cover credit card/PayPal fees which are not refunded to us even if we refund your charge. Note that if you choose to accept a store credit instead of a refund, this deduction does not apply.
Items must be returned in 100% "as new" condition, with all original packaging, shipping materials, and accessories/manuals/bonus items. Deductions are assessed for missing or damaged items.
IMPORTANT: You must contact us for authorization BEFORE shipping the item back.
Need to figure out some of the more in-depth features of this product? Here's a copy of the manual, in PDF format, here.
You may wish to visit the manufacturer's website to see if a more recent version is available.
This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or cosmetic issues incurred from the designed use of the product. This warranty does not cover use of and/or demands beyond the products intended design or specifications. This warranty does not cover products used in rental stock. Products used for rental either at the store level or backline companies are covered for 1 year from the date of purchase. Tubes are warrantied for 90 days.
Except to the extent precluded by State Law, GENZLER AMPLIFICATION specifically excludes from this warranty any responsibility for consequential or special damages.
This warranty is only effective if a copy of the original sales receipt is presented at the time of warranty service.
It is GENZLER AMPLIFICATIONS sole choice to repair or replace, at its option, any defective materials found, provided:
- The product has not been misused, abused, tampered, altered, or damaged by accident or during shipment.
- The product has not been modified or repaired or attempted repair by any unauthorized personnel.
- The product has not been subjected to excessive or insufficient power, i.e. burned or discolored voice coils or crossover components.
- The product has been returned to Genzler Amplification or its authorized service center, freight pre-paid, together with copy of the original sales receipt, from an authorized dealer.
- The product has been registered on our website based warranty registration platform within 14 days of the purchase date.
- The products original serial number is intact and has not been defaced, changed or removed.
For warranty service please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The customer is responsible for proper packaging and freight to and from a GENZLER AMPLIFICATION warranty service facility. We are not responsible for damages from insufficiently packaged products returned for service.