This newer cabinet from Euphonic Audio is really something special! It's been a while since EA has gone with a true "hi-fi" design; while their Wizzy cabinets sound fabulous (I have an MLine, myself) and have been very successful, their wizzer cone designs gave them a bit of a "shape" (a pleasing one) on their top end, where they rolled off a good bit more than a cabinet with a tweeter does. They were a bit of a departure from EA's past designs, like the CXL 112 and NL 210, which were designed to be very high fidelity.
So maybe they're overcompensating with this new cab - it has TWO tweeters, and they're arranged in the center of the cabinet (in front of the woofer), so the sound is cohesive throughout its wide soundfield. Walk around the room, the tone stays accurate, clear, and full. Me likey!
Running the new higher-power Doubler through the cabinet, it has a full-bodied sound up and down the neck. I played both upright and electric basses through it, and its sonic consistency is very nice. The upright sounded like an upright, and the electric sounded like an electric; I didn't have to fuss around a lot with the EQ to "correct" the tone.
The Acoustic Image heads, particularly, also sound great through it; the transparency of their heads made the upright sound even more natural and open, whereas the Doubler can get a bit more "aggressive". And it can get nice and loud if you need it to -- with a rating of 500w (and an 8ohm configuration) you can run some pretty high powered heads through it without fear of overpowering it.
I do love their new design aesthetic; the brown Tolex with the gold and brown grill cloth is really sharp, and really has a look that you'd expect for a doublebass player's stage rig - not exactly a vintage vibe, but not overly modern. It's certainly a bit more standout than the typical "black on black" boxes that every other manufacturer has.
Specifications of the NL-112:
- Size: 17"H x 17"W x 12.75"D
- Weight: 28 lbs
- Response: 43Hz to 18KHz
- Impedance: 8 ohm
- Power Handling: 500 Watts
- Sensitivity: 100dB 1" @1m
- Sound Pressure Level: 127dB @ 1M
- Woofers: 1 12" Neodymium Driver with a 3" voice coil Audio
- Hi Frequency Drivers: Dual 1" Neodymium Driver with Ferrofluid Cooling, level control
- Connection: two Speakon jacks
7 Day Trial Period on Amplifiers and Speaker Cabinets
We know that it's tough to buy new gear over the Internet. So purchasers have a seven (7) day trial period during which they may return the amp in new condition -- NO QUESTIONS ASKED! -- for a full refund, minus all shipping costs and a small transaction fee to cover credit card processing. Call or email us first: returns must be preauthorized; a restocking fee applies if the unit is not returned in new condition.
Warranty InfoLimited Warranty The warranty for Euphonic Audio Amplifiers and Speaker Cabinets is THREE YEARS from the date of purchase. This covers defects in material and workmanship for the ORIGINAL owner.
The warranty is void under the following conditions:
- If the unit has been damaged due to accident, improper handling, installation or operation
- If the unit has been damaged in shipping
- Abuse or misuse. This includes exceeding the physical limitations of amplifier or speaker cabinet, i.e. using excessive bass boost in the Wizzy 10.
- Unauthorized repair or attempted repair
- If the serial number has been defaced or removed
All liability for any incidental or consequential damage for breach or any expressed or implied warranties is disclaimed and excluded here from.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental and/or consequential damages, so that the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Please follow these steps if your equipment requires repair:
- Locate your original bill of sale which should include date and place of purchase.
- Call, FAX or write to Euphonic Audio describing the problem and for issue of a Return Authorization Number (RA)
- Pack the unit carefully, preferably in the original shipping carton, enclose a brief description of the problem, and a copy of the Bill of Sale. Write the RA number on the carton and ship prepaid to the factory. Please be sure to properly insure the unit when shipping it.
- If it is determined that the unit is under warranty, we will repair the unit as deemed appropriate (repair or replacement parts) free of charge and return the repaired unit to you.
- If it is determined that the unit is not under warranty, we will return the repaired unit COD for the cost of repair, shipping and insurance.