I'm helping Bob Gollihur -- my dad, and the original founder of Gollihur Music, now retired -- sell off some of his "extra" personal bass gear, and here's one of our first offerings: A minty-fresh Spector bass that he's owned for quite a few years now.
The Spectorcore is a chambered-body version of the well-known Spector design (complete with a nifty f-hole!), this SpectorCore 5 has the classic Spector tone and playability. It's loaded with a Seymour Duncan Basslines pickup (upgraded from its original electronics, it sounds killer) — and it also packs a Fishman Powerbridge piezo system that allows you to tap into woody, resonant acoustic-style bass tone too.
The chambered body cuts down on weight for greater comfort, and with the piezos in the bridge, helps to provide an organic, woody sound. With separate tone and volume controls for each pickup, you even have the option to blend the Fishman piezo pickup with the magnetic pickup for a custom hybrid bass tone. This thing is a tone machine!
Spector SpectorCore 5 Electric Bass Features:
- Classic NS-2000 body shape, chambered for lighter weight and midrange-focused tone
- Seymour Duncan Basslines pickup sounds amazing
- Fishman Powerbridge piezo pickup offers acoustic/upright-style bass tone
- Individual volume and tone controls for each pickup allow you to blend your own custom pickup combinations
- 3-piece, bolt-on maple neck for enhanced sustain and resonance
- This bass weighs 8.4 lbs.
- 35" scale (the 5-strings in this model were made with the longer scale to optimize B-string response and feel)
- String spacing at bridge is 5/8"
Made in Korea.
Condition: This bass is truly mint. I cannot find a mark on the bass. No dings, no dents, no scratches, no fret wear... nothing. It's like brand new. It even still has the plastic on the control cavity cover (see photo)! It's as good as new, and set up to play. It has SIT strings on it currently. It also has the strap pins for Dunlop Straploks on it, which also work with a standard strap if you don't use the Dunlops. It's also well set up, and plays very well with no fret buzz.
Includes genuine deluxe Spector deluxe gig bag with backpack straps and embroidered Spector logo, as well as its original adjustment wrenches in the little plastic pouch.
This bass has been well cared for by Bob, and he's owned it for several years.