The Clarus amplifier head can be matched with most any speaker cabinet, for use with a huge variety of instruments. Its clean, transparent sound is exceptional for bringing out the best in acoustic instruments like upright or acoustic-electric bass, acoustic or jazz-box guitar, violin, mandolin, cello, harp, ukulele, and more. Unlike the amps of the (not so distant) past, you don't need a roadie to help you move it, either - this 650w preamp/amplifier is under 5 lbs, and fits easily into a small padded carry bag (included) that you carry with one hand.
The Clarus head is the same "front end" featured in Acoustic Image's popular combos, like the Coda, Ten2, and Corus models, with the newest, quietest, most reliable power amp yet.
Couple this amazing head with an Acoustic Image "EX" extension speaker, or with a bass or guitar speaker from another manufacturer. It even sounds great powering a passive PA speaker, like a JBL or Mackie wedge! Provides full-range, uncolored sound for the most realistic reproduction of your acoustic instrument. (Though it works great with keyboards, too!)
I use Acoustic Image gear for almost all of my URB and EUB gigs... what wins me over is -- when teamed with a good pickup or mic -- the amp tends to simply make my bass sound acoustically bigger, rather than giving it a separate electric voice.
With 600 watts of power and two channels, instrumental and mic inputs, plus effects, Clarus is our most full-featured integrated amp.
- Extended frequency range, high fidelity sound
- Light weight (<4 lbs.), small size (10.2 x 8.2 x 3.5)
- Unique, slanted front chassis
- Mounts in cabinet using Cabrio Docking System
- Separate XLR and 1/4 inch inputs in each channel can be used simultaneously
- 48V phantom power and 10 dB gain select for mic input
- Input level control per channel
- Four band EQ per channel
- Selectable phase reverse and sweepable low cut filter per channel (phase reverse can be converted to low pass speaker emulation filter with internal jumper option)
- Effects loop per channel
- Selectable reverb and delay effects with level and rate controls and pseudo stereo output
- Direct out with selectable 10 dB pad, pre/post switch and ground lift-Headphone output
- Switchable limiter
- Mute switch
- Mono or stereo output from the preamp section
- Selectable internal jumper options for gain and stereo operation
- High fidelity, low noise operation: 110 dB SNR at direct out
- Automatic voltage switching for universal AC mains operation
- 650 Watt output at 4 ohms (music power)
- Dual speaker outputs with speakon connectors
- Comes with padded case
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz-20 kHz (±0.5 dB)
- AC Power: 100V to 240V, 50/60 Hz, automatically switched
- Size: 10" x 8" x 3.5"
- Weight: 4 lbs
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (±0.5 dB)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >110 dB at direct out
- Controls and Inputs
- Mic Input: 600 ohm balanced, XLR connector, switchable 10 dB gain
- Phantom Power: 48 volts, on/off switch w/LED indicator
- Instrument Input: 1 M Ohm impedance, 1/4 inch jack
- Direct Out: +4 dB, balanced, XLR, ground lift, pre/post EQ selector, switchable 10 dB pad
- Effects Loop: Parallel type
- EQ Controls:
- Low Control: Shelving type, ±12 dB at 50 Hz
- Low Mid Control: ±12 dB at 250 Hz
- Hi Mid Control: ±12 dB at 1200 Hz
- Treble Control: Shelving type, ±12 dB at 8 kHz
- Low Cut Filter: -12 dB/octave sweepable from 30 to 150 Hz
- Phase Reverse: Switchable 180 degree phase reverse
- Speaker Emulator: (if selected) -12 dB/octave at 4 kHz
- Type: 24 bit digital with 3 programs
- Reverb with variable decay time,
- Delay/Reverb with variable delay time
- Delay with variable delay time
- All have variable wet/dry mix and “pseudo stereo” capability
- Topology: Class D (PWM)
- Switching Frequency: 500 kHz
- Output Power 8 Ohm: 300W rms continuous, 350W rms music (40% duty cycle), 500W peak transient
- Output Power 4 Ohm: 500W rms continuous, 650W rms music (40% duty cycle), 1000W peak transient
- Supplied Accessories: Gig bag with shoulder strap
14 Day Trial Period on Series 4 Acoustic Image amps and speaker cabinets
New owners have a fourteen day trial period during which they may return the amp in new condition -- NO QUESTIONS ASKED! -- for a full refund, minus our outgoing shipping cost and a small transaction fee to cover credit card or PayPal payment processing. Returns must be preauthorized; a restocking fee applies if the unit is not returned in new condition.
Warranty InfoAcoustic Image's Warranty, Simply Stated
We stand behind our products with a full warranty of five years from the date of purchase. Speaker components are warranted for 180 days. Should a problem arise, please call us before returning your amplifier or enclosure. Naturally, our warranty does not cover products that have been damaged through misuse.
Bottom line, we don't say that ours is a "lifetime warranty" or even a "limited lifetime warranty". We do, however, commit to treat you the way we would like to be treated. For good.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Bob and Mark, I received my AI Clarus today. Very well packed. It seems in perfect working order. I just wanted to thank you guys for getting it to me so quickly. Your tips sheet was a valuable and worthwhile addition. Initial tests... were very impressive. I played a Music Man Stingray (4 string) with very old, Heavy flatwounds through it and heard harmonic content I didn't believe was there. Tomorrow, the Kay. :) I'll be playing my old Kay with a Realist and other electric basses through it... High end pro amplification for bass under 30 lbs: Priceless! Thanks again for the ultra fast service.