Upright Bass Setup Template/Gauge
- Small Accessory:
- This item ships FREE (USA) in a cart totaling $50 or more
"Jazz" and "Classical" Models Available
This is cool! A useful tool for setting up double basses, provides instant measurables so you can speed up your workflow. Made of durable acrylic, and it has a handy peg-hole for hanging.
Includes separate gauges to measure:
- Bridge Arch
- String Heights for gut and steel strings *
- String Spacing at the Nut
- String Spacing at the Bridge
- Fingerboard Radius
- Bridge Top/Feet Thickness Gauge
Designed for 3/4 size, four-string basses, there are two models, specific to the type of setup needed - one, labeled "Jazz," is for a bass that is primarily plucked/played pizzicato (say that five times fast!) And the "Classical" model is for orchestral basses that are mostly played arco (bowed) and therefore are likely to have different arch settings on the bridge and fingerboard. Sold individually, or in a two-pack at a discount - and we ship them for free to the USA.
Great, useful tool - not a lot of money!
* Based on Henry Strobel's guidelines, the feeler gauges on the sides are for the E and G strings; and the different heights are for steel vs. gut strings. The steel string height is the smaller of the two on each respective side.
We include a FREE TIP SHEET for use with the purchase of this item.
Good quality material for little money. Great tool to have.
Good quality, well make gauge. Tis will same me lots of time.
Such a simple little thing, really love the sticker that came with it and the hole to hang it up. I lose EVERYTHING!!! Instructions were also fun and informative.