Our site is tested by TWO services every day to protect your information.
Manufacturers' Warranty Terms
For your convenience, Gollihur Music has collected the terms of many of our manufacturers' product warranties. These are the terms that are supplied by each manufacturer, and are subject to change without notice.
I hope that this information is useful to you, but please be aware that each manufacturer sets their own policies and any warranty service is subject to those policies. Also note: if a product you've purchased is not represented here on this page, that doesn't necessarily mean that there isn't warranty coverage on that item. Please check the packaging/documentation that came with your item(s) and see if the information is there. You can also contact the manufacturer directly for advice.
Important note about warranty coverage outside the USA: Products sold are subject to US warranty terms, and in many cases may need to be returned to the US for service. In those cases purchasers must return items to the US at their cost, and in some cases may need to cover some or all the costs for reshipment, depending on the warranty arrangement with the manufacturer. In some cases parts may be supplied for local installation/replacement.
| Acoustic Image
Amps, Preamps, Combos, Speaker Cabinets
Our Warranty, Simply Stated
We stand behind our products with a full warranty of five years from the date of purchase. Speaker components are warranted for 180 days. Should a problem arise, please call us before returning your amplifier or enclosure. Naturally, our warranty does not cover products that have been damaged through misuse.
Bottom line, we don't say that ours is a "lifetime warranty" or even a "limited lifetime warranty". We do, however, commit to treat you the way we would like to be treated. For good.
ART (Applied Research and Technology)
ARTcessories Mic Preamp
All ART and ARTcessories products are covered by a 3 year manufacturer's defect warranty, and M Series microphones feature a 2 year manufacturer's defect warranty. In most cases, we simply do not stock replacement parts on older products where they are discontinued and the warranty period has expired. If you seek warranty/repair service for your ART product, visit our Return Authorization page and fill out the required form.
Outside of USA, warranty terms may be more or less than three years depending on the policy of the respective territory distributor/agent. Please check with your local distributor to confirm their warranty terms for ART products.
*Please note: ALL warranty periods start from the original purchase date.
US-Made Instrument and Speaker Cables
Standard cables are guaranteed for a period of 10 years against defects in material and workmanship. Warranty items may be returned prepaid to the factory without prior authorization. Proof of purchase must be enclosed with a description of the problem.
Strings for Musical Instruments
String Issues FAQ Response
I've experienced a problem with a string (or set of strings). What should I do?
We are sorry to hear of your experience. If you experience a problem with your strings (or string set), you may contact us to see whether a manufacturing mishap is the cause. If you wish to return the string(s), visit http://www.daddario.com/ra. Please return the string or set in question in its original packaging (including corrosion intercept bag if possible). This will help us determine if a defect or other malfunction has occurred. Upon receipt and evaluation, if a manufacturing defect is revealed, we will quickly send you a replacement.
NOTE: Though it may not be the case in your situation, please keep in mind that premature string breakage is often caused by burrs or rough edges that develop at the nut or bridge/saddle. These rough edges are often difficult to see, but can be ruthless on strings. If your string continuously breaks at the nut or bridge, please check these points of contact for a nice, smooth surface. If burrs or rough edges are found, contact your local music shop or luthier to perform the necessary minor repair to resolve this common problem.
David Gage Realist
Doublebass Pickups and Accessories
David Gage String Instrument Repair, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as "David Gage") will repair this product with new or rebuilt parts, free of charge, in the event of a defect in materials or workmanship as follows:
The unit must not have been previously altered, modified, repaired or serviced by anyone other than the technicians at David Gage to render such services. The serial number on the unit must not have been altered or removed. The unit must not have been subject to accident, misuse, abuse, or installed in a manner contrary to that described in the installation instructions, or used as a rental unit at any time prior to or after original purchase at retail.
- Labor: One (1) year from the date of original purchase at retail. New or rebuilt parts in exchange for defective parts for one (1) year from the date of original purchase.
- Parts: To ascertain your eligibility for the warranty, the registration form must be filled out completely and legibly and sent to the address provided within 30 days of initial purchase of the Realist. If the pick-up was bought directly from David Gage, the customer will be automatically registered for the warranty.
This warranty is extended only to the original purchaser, and applies to the product from the original date of purchase at retail. Therefore, if the customer has not registered for warranty at the time of purchase, the owner must furnish proof of original purchase at retail, such as a retail receipt with date printed clearly. This warranty covers failure due to defects in material or workmanship which occur during normal consumer use and does not cover damage which occurs in shipment or failures which result from alteration, accident, misuse, abuses, neglect, or improper maintenance.
Doublebass Microphone and accessories
All of our microphones are covered by warranty for a minimum of two years. The DPA warranty covers:
The following issues are not covered by the warranty:
- Only the microphone
- Mechanical functionality
- Documented specifications
Adapters: DPA adapters are covered by warranty for a period of two years.
- Faults caused by mistreatment, abuse, wear and tear, alteration or modification in any way (please refer to the User’s Manual)
- Accessories supplied with the product
- Minor faults or deviations in the quality of a product which do not affect the product’s value or fitness for its intended purpose
- The warranty is void if the product serial number has been altered or removed
Electric Upright Basses
Warranty Info/Service Page
Dean Guitars are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship from the date of purchase to the original purchaser when
purchased from an authorized Dean dealer. Dean will repair or replace, at its option, any Dean instrument or part thereof which is found by Dean
to be defective. Dean reserves the right to use materials regularly utilized at the time of repair in the event that original materials are no longer
available. Warranty service requires a copy of the original sales receipt to be presented at time of service request.
EXCLUSIONS APPLY - see full warranty policy for details.
Amps, Combos, Speaker Cabinets
The warranty for Euphonic Audio Amplifiers and Speaker Cabinets is THREE YEARS from the date of purchase. This covers defects in material and workmanship for the ORIGINAL owner.
The warranty is void under the following conditions:
- If the unit has been damaged due to accident, improper handling, installation or operation
- If the unit has been damaged in shipping
- Abuse or misuse. This includes exceeding the physical limitations of amplifier or speaker cabinet, i.e. using excessive bass boost in the Wizzy 10.
- Unauthorized repair or attempted repair
- If the serial number has been defaced or removed
Euphonic Audio, Inc. reserves the right to make such determination of the above on the basis of factory inspection.
All liability for any incidental or consequential damage for breach or any expressed or implied warranties is disclaimed and excluded here from.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental and/or consequential damages, so that the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Please follow these steps if your equipment requires repair:
- Locate your original bill of sale which should include date and place of purchase.
- Call, FAX or write to Euphonic Audio describing the problem and for issue of a Return Authorization Number (RA)
- Pack the unit carefully, preferably in the original shipping carton, enclose a brief description of the problem, and a copy of the Bill of Sale. Write the RA number on the carton and ship prepaid to the factory. Please be sure to properly insure the unit when shipping it.
- If it is determined that the unit is under warranty, we will repair the unit as deemed appropriate (repair or replacement parts) free of charge and return the repaired unit to you.
- If it is determined that the unit is not under warranty, we will return the repaired unit COD for the cost of repair, shipping and insurance.
Engelhardt-Link/Link Bass and Cello
Upright Bass Instruments
"We guarantee this instrument to the original purchaser against defects in material or workmanship for two years from the date of purchase. We agree to repair or replace the instrument, without charge, if found to be defective due to any fault of ours. This guarantee does not cover natural wear of the instrument, replacement of strings or mishandling. Transportation charges involved are to be paid by the customer."
H-Clamp Microphone Holders
The warranty provided with Exploraudio’s products is a minimum of 1 year from date of purchase but many products are supplied with longer warranties. The conditions of any extended warranties are described on the warranty card supplied with the product.
For the first year of the warranty period, any defective parts will be replaced free of charge or the product can be returned for repair or exchange. All repairs (including replacement parts) and exchanges within the first year of the warranty period will be free of charge.
Exploraudio does not accept responsibility for any costs incurred in returning product for repair, exchange or refund, whether or not it is returned within the warranty period.
Exploraudio accepts no responsibility for any items used in conjunction with products supplied by Exploraudio. If you experience any problems when using Exploraudio products in accordance with the instructions provided, please contact us.
Upright Bass Pickups and Preamps
Fishman amplification products (“Product”) are warranted to the original consumer purchaser to be free of defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase. If the Product fails to function properly due to defects in materials or workmanship during the applicable warranty period, Fishman Transducers Inc. (“Fishman”), at its option, will repair or replace the Product, with no charge for labor or materials. This warranty applies only if the Product is sold and delivered within the U.S. by an authorized Fishman Dealer.
Except as specifically provided in this document, there are no other warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Fishman be liable for loss of profits or incidental, indirect, special, consequential or other similar damages arising out of any breach of warranty or other obligation contained in this document. The warranty contained herein shall not apply if the serial number is defaced or removed or the product has been damaged by alteration, misuse, accident, neglect or use with unauthorized attachments.
TERMS OF WARRANTY SERVICE: Warranty service and repairs are to be made only at the Fishman factory. Unauthorized repairs will void this warranty. The customer must contact Fishman Service & Support and obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA) before delivering the product to Fishman, freight prepaid. Product repaired under warranty at the Fishman factory will be returned to the customer via UPS ground freight, prepaid by Fishman to any location within the continental United States. Product returned to Fishman that is not covered by the terms of this warranty will be serviced only after payment is arranged.
To register your product and get the latest news from Fishman, click here.
Amplifiers and Speakers
All GENZLER AMPLIFICATION products are warrantied to be free from defects in material and workmanship, for a period of 3 years from the date of purchase.
The specific warranty coverage below is valid in the US and Canada only. For full international warranty details consult your local dealer for their local warranty policy.
This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or cosmetic issues incurred from the designed use of the product. This warranty does not cover use of and/or demands beyond the products intended design or specifications. This warranty does not cover products used in rental stock. Products used for rental either at the store level or backline companies are covered for 1 year from the date of purchase. Tubes are warrantied for 90 days.
Except to the extent precluded by State Law, GENZLER AMPLIFICATION specifically excludes from this warranty any responsibility for consequential or special damages.
This warranty is only effective if a copy of the original sales receipt is presented at the time of warranty service.
It is GENZLER AMPLIFICATIONS sole choice to repair or replace, at its option, any defective materials found, provided:
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, which vary from state to state.
- The product has not been misused, abused, tampered, altered, or damaged by accident or during shipment.
- The product has not been modified or repaired or attempted repair by any unauthorized personnel.
- The product has not been subjected to excessive or insufficient power, i.e. burned or discolored voice coils or crossover components.
- The product has been returned to Genzler Amplification or its authorized service center, freight pre-paid, together with copy of the original sales receipt, from an authorized dealer.
- The product has been registered on our website based warranty registration platform within 14 days of the purchase date.
- The products original serial number is intact and has not been defaced, changed or removed.
For warranty service please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The customer is responsible for proper packaging and freight to and from a GENZLER AMPLIFICATION warranty service facility. We are not responsible for damages from insufficiently packaged products returned for service.
To help protect your investment, Gold Tone provides this limited warranty. Please review it and keep it handy. And if your instrument ever develops a problem you believe is covered under warranty, feel free to call our service department. You may register your warranty on line. Registering the warranty is not a condition, but it will assist us in repair if the need should arise.
WARRANTY TIME PERIODS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All Wood Body Instruments: 5 years.
- GT Series: 1 year.
Gold Tone warrants the instrument purchased from an authorized dealer shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use. This Limited Warranty does not apply; (a) to wear and tear of the instrument or its parts; (b) to asserted defects caused by modification, misuse or abuse or improper maintenance of the instrument; (c) to asserted defects involving subjective personal likes or judgments; (d) to asserted defects caused by accident of exposure to extremes of temperature or humidity which cause harm to the instruments (e) to defects asserted by any purchaser who did not purchase the instrument from an authorized Gold Tone dealer in the United States of America or Canada; or (f) to banjos owned by non-U.S. Residents. Gold Tone Instruments purchased outside of the United States of America or Canada are not warranted by Gold Tone. Warranties for these instruments, if any, are provided by the authorized dealer importing Gold Tone Instruments.
See Gold Tone's Warranty Page for Claim Procedures, Limitations, Second Owners, etc.
We back up the FELiX and ALiX with the 5 year STANDARD limited warranty. To prove our commitment to the quality, serviceability and long term value of Grace Design products, it guarantees the products to be free of defective parts and workmanship for a period of five years.
Every product we sell comes with a warranty registration card for our customers to fill out and mail back to us. Also, product warranty registration can be completed online. We urge our customers to send in or complete their product registrations so we can keep them notified of any service, recall or upgrade situations that may arise. Any submitted information is held securely and in strict confidence.
In the event that anything should go wrong with a Grace Design product, our service department is available and ready to help our customers with prompt, courteous responses and quick turnaround schedules for any repairs that are necessary.
- The Grace Design Standard warranty period begins at either: a) the date of original purchase - original customer proof of purchase required b) the date the product was originally shipped from Grace Design - if original customer proof of purchase is not available
- This warranty is transferable to any person who may subsequently purchase the product during this time.
- This warranty excludes the following conditions: normal wear and tear, misuse, customer negligence, accidental damage, unauthorized repair or modification, cosmetic damage and damage incurred during shipment.
- During the time of this warranty, Grace Design will repair or replace, at its option, any defective parts or repair defective workmanship without charge, provided the customer has appropriate proof of purchase and that the product has its original factory serial number.
- Customers within the US are responsible for all inbound freight charges to Grace Design's facility, while Grace Design will pay for return freight charges via ground service. Customers outside the US must contact their distributor for warranty / product return details.
- In order for Grace Design to provide efficient and timely warranty service, it is important that you mail the completed warranty registration card enclosed with all of our products within 10 days of the original date of purchase. You may also register your product directly with Grace Design by telephone (303-823-8100 Monday-Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm MST), or you can register your product online at www.gracedesign.com.
- This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties whether written, expressed, or implied, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. In no event will Grace Design be liable for lost profits or any other incidental, consequential or Exemplary damages, even if Grace Design is aware of the possibility of such damages.
- In no event will Grace Design's liability exceed the purchase price of the product. This warranty gives the customer specific legal rights. The customer may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. Some states do not allow limitations on implied warranties or consequential damages, so some of the limitations of the above may not apply to a particular customer.
K&M - König & Meyer
Our products have a 5 year warranty. In addition, we offer a replacement part service on all our catalogue products for 10 years.
Under the terms of these conditions, König & Meyer’s warranty covers all defects which are verifiably material defects or manufacturing defects for the period of the warranty.
The guaranty does not cover the following:
Should you have a defective product that is covered under warranty, please email us ( email@example.com ) with the following information:
- Lights & bulbs
- Products which have deteriorated through use or natural wear and tear,
- Product defects which are the result of inappropriate use, aberrant environmental conditions, abnormal operating conditions, strain or inadequate maintenance or care.
- Product defects which are caused by the use of accessories, components or replacement parts which are not original components.
- Products which have been modified or altered.
Should the warranty be put into effect, warranty entitlement is neither extended nor restarted.
- Model Number (please find on website if needed)
- Date of Purchase
- Specific Product Issue
Pickups, Preamps, Microphones
K&K grants all customers a 12-month (1 year) warranty that our products are free from defects in workmanship and materials with normal and proper use. K&K reserves the right to inspect all warranty claims and ensure that the item has not been altered, repaired, subjected to misuse, or damaged by improper installation. These will void the warranty.
For valid warranty claims, K&K will repair the item and ship it back to the customer for free, via the lowest cost shipping method. Initial shipping charges are to be paid by the customer. We normally have a 1-2 business day turnover time for repairs.
Initiating a Warranty Claim
- Please test the K&K product thoroughly to ensure that it is the source of the problem (not a cable or other unit used in combination with the item). If the product requires a battery, ensure that the battery is new and fresh.
- Call K&K (1-800-867-6863 x107) or e-mail tech support to obtain an RA number. This number is valid for 10 days. Items returned without a valid RA number may not be processed.
- Include proof of purchase to show that the item is within the 12-month warranty period. If proof of purchase cannot be obtained, or if the item is outside the warranty period, a repair fee may be charged.
- Package the product securely. K&K is not responsible for damage incurred during transit.
- Please include the following information with the package:
Send warranty repairs to:
- RA number
- Description of the problem
- Copy of invoice, sales receipt, or similar proof of purchase
- Complete contact information with phone number
K&K Sound Systems Inc
Attn: RA # [Please indicate your unique RA number here]
92798 Cape Arago Hwy
Coos Bay, OR 97420
Electric Musical Instruments
NS Design will cover all defects in material and workmanship for five years for the CR Series, three years for the NXT Series, and two years for the WAV series from the date of purchase. We will repair or replace, at our option, any instrument or part thereof which is found by us to be defective. This warranty includes the tuning hardware, electronics, pick-up systems, truss rod, bridge, fingerboard, neck and stand. This warranty does not include replacement of strings or batteries, or wear to potentiometers, the fingerboard, or surface finish. Problems resulting from disassembly, modification, customization, or repair by anyone without prior authorization from NS Design are not covered by this warranty. We assume no liability other than for the actual repair of the instrument to playable condition within our specifications. This is our sole warranty, and it includes all warranties, whether expressed or implied. You may have specific warranty legal rights which vary from state to state.
Radial Engineering (ToneBone)
Preamps, DI Boxes, Switchers, Electronics
All products sold by RADIAL come with a 1-year limited warranty. This limited warranty protects you against defects in workmanship. The warranty does not cover any consequential or inconsequential damage or any losses. Specifically, if you have a problem due to defect, you must make the arrangements and cover the costs to return the product to us with a copy of the original sales invoice and we will repair the product and return it to you at our cost. All warranty claims require a return authorization. Contact the RADIAL service department for details.
Transferable 3-Year Warranty:
Some RADIAL products come with a 3-Year Transferable Warranty. This means that if you buy the product and decide to sell it, the warranty can be transferred to the person that buys it, thus providing continuous warranty support and added value. This Transferable Warranty follows the same procedures and limitations outlined in the Standard Warranty. This means that if you sell the product, you must provide the buyer with a copy of your original invoice so that he, in turn, may be able to submit this should a warranty claim be required.
As with all typical warranties, only manufacturing defects are covered. Furthermore, parts that are subject to wear and tear such as switches, potentiometers and tubes are not covered under this warranty. This, however, does not mean that these will not be repaired or replaced free of charge. We pride ourselves in supporting the products we sell and will often exchange these parts free of charge pending the age of the device. This decision will be undertaken by RADIAL and in no way obliges the company to perform such tasks.
Pickups and Electronics
We warrant to the original purchaser that our pickups and endpin jack preamps are free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 2 (two) years from date of purchase. We warrant to the original purchaser that our outboard preamps (Mini Pre, Mini Pre 2) are free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 (one) year from date of purchase.
Should a product fail to perform properly within the specified warranty period, please contact the seller that you purchased the product through for warranty repair / replacement / return authorization / shipping instructions. Schatten Design will not accept any product return without a proper return authorization number.
Traynor Amplifiers (Yorkville)
Two and Ten Year Unlimited Warranty:
Traynor's two and ten-year unlimited warranty on this product is transferable and does not require registration with Traynor Amplifiers or your dealer. If this product should fail for any reason within two years of the original purchase date (ten years for the wooden enclosure), simply return it to your Traynor dealer with original proof of purchase and it will be repaired free of charge.
Freight charges, consequential damages, weather damage, damage as a result of improper installation, damages due to exposure to extreme humidity, accident or natural disaster are excluded under the terms of this warranty. Warranty does not cover consumables such as vacuum tubes. See your Traynor dealer for more details.
This warranty is valid only in Canada or the United States of America. For more information on enforcing your warranty coverage outside Canada & the United States of America please contact Traynor Amplifiers - World Headquarters.