You will love the light weight of The Wizzy line of speaker cabs. The Wizzy's design incorporates a custom Euphonic Audio twelve-inch driver that features a whizzer cone to handle the higher frequencies. I experienced my first Wizzy cabinet here in January 2003 and was very pleased to find out how prominent the highs were -- without the expense or other drawbacks of a separate tweeter!
The MLine cabinet is designed for use with a separate powered head. Both are very well matched to the EA Doubler or Micro, as well as any of the Clarus heads from Acoustic Image. You could also use the EA Classic head with a pair of the 8-ohm cabs for a truly fearsome rig.
- Proprietary EA twelve inch full range driver with whizzer cone
- Frequency Response: 42Hz -12KHz
- Sensitivity: 103dB
- Sound Pressure Level: 126dB @ 1m
- Power Handling: 200 watts (continuous unclipped power)
- Impedance: 4 ohm and 8 ohm versions available
- Connection: two Neutrik Speakon connectors (parallel)
- Size: 15.6"W x 19.0"H x 12.5"D
- Weight: 34 lbs.
New Version 2 Cosmetics, with Brown Tolex/Woven Grill Cloth
Once these are sold out, they will no longer be available.
Here is the official statement from Euphonic Audio (EA) from early January, 2022:
Sadly, we must announce that after 40 years, Euphonic Audio (EA) has ceased operations, effective December 31, 2021.
EA was formed in 1981 as a high-end hi-fi speaker manufacturer. In 1996 we focused attention on accurate sounding, compact, and lightweight gear for bass instruments, always emphasizing utilizing USA based sourcing and assembly. Throughout these past 40 years we have tried to make the best possible products for the best price, and to focus on outstanding customer service. We have always operated with a tight profit margin and of course, given our size, we never had the purchasing advantage of larger organizations. The worldwide COVID situation has created shipping and parts sourcing issues beyond our ability to overcome.
The warranty is void under the following conditions:
- If the unit has been damaged due to accident, improper handling, installation or operation
- If the unit has been damaged in shipping
- Abuse or misuse. This includes exceeding the physical limitations of amplifier or speaker cabinet, i.e. using excessive bass boost in the Wizzy 10.
- Unauthorized repair or attempted repair
- If the serial number has been defaced or removed
All liability for any incidental or consequential damage for breach or any expressed or implied warranties is disclaimed and excluded here from.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental and/or consequential damages, so that the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Please follow these steps if your equipment requires repair:
- Locate your original bill of sale which should include date and place of purchase.
- Call, FAX or write to Euphonic Audio describing the problem and for issue of a Return Authorization Number (RA)
- Pack the unit carefully, preferably in the original shipping carton, enclose a brief description of the problem, and a copy of the Bill of Sale. Write the RA number on the carton and ship prepaid to the factory. Please be sure to properly insure the unit when shipping it.
- If it is determined that the unit is under warranty, we will repair the unit as deemed appropriate (repair or replacement parts) free of charge and return the repaired unit to you.
- If it is determined that the unit is not under warranty, we will return the repaired unit COD for the cost of repair, shipping and insurance.
Hi Mark, Just a quick mail. Got the EA doubler amp/ Wizzy 12 cab the other day and absolutely LOVE them. I did a small concert hall gig (300 people) and we only used PA for the piano. The amp sound (my DPA and pick-up blend) was incredible and more than enough. Thank you again for getting it to me so quickly and with such great service. You are the working bassist's best friend! Arigatou! (from Tokyo, Japan)
Mark: I received the EA Wizzy 12 cabinet yesterday, pretty much 24-hours after ordering. Very nice. Thank you again for the outstanding customer service. It's refreshing to do business with a company that puts the customer first, offers great products, and at reasonable prices.
I got my EA Doubler and Wizzy 12 on Friday, and put them to use at a gig on Saturday. My life is changed. Thanks for your advice and for all the tips you give on your website and send with the products. You rock.
The Wizzy 12 MLine is awesome; I've never heard my B string so loud and clear. And crystal clean -- when I played my old bass head through it, I heard amplifier noise that I never heard before. On a customer satisfaction scale of 0 to 10, I'm at 11! I am delighted. Thank you Mark!