Who We Are/Policies
On the web since 1997, Gollihur Music has proudly offered a varied line of Pickups and Microphones, Preamps, and Amplifiers for Double Bass at very good prices. Over the years, we've added Upright and Electric Upright Basses, Parts, Strings, Cases and Stands, Bows, and many other useful, quality products for bass players.
You benefit from shopping with us because our experience and focus means that you get real answers to your questions, from bassists! You can see that our product descriptions are in-depth and detailed, because they are most often based on our own use of the gear, rather than the generic "manufacturer blurbs" you'll find copied and pasted into the product descriptions at most other websites. We only carry gear that we would (and often DO) confidently use ourselves; anything we consider selling has to pass the "Mark Test" (previously known as the "Bob Test") -- or you won't see it here.
Our secure website is available 24 hours a day for your ordering ease. And we're committed to keeping products in stock; we ship most orders within 24 hours of being placed (excepting weekends and holidays, of course), and provide you with tracking and post-purchase support. And our many "extras" - like installation guides, product-specific tips, and even cool BASS stickers for your car - are included at no charge!
The Gollihur Music crew is happy to offer lots of useful, free resources on this website.
- You'll find answers to Frequently Asked Upright Bass Questions in the Knowledge Base.
- Bob's Double Bass Links have been on the web since 1996, and include over 900 links to upright bass-oriented sites.
- Our Luthier Directory provides contact information for bass makers and repairpersons all over the world, so you can find someone in your area to work on your bass.
- We have a Directory of Bass Teachers, so you can find someone in your area to help you progress on the instrument.
- We publish a variety of Buyer's Guides for helping shoppers who are undecided, or less than confident in their product knowledge.
Finally, QUESTIONS are always welcome, whether you are buying stuff or not! We're all in the same boat, and if we don't know the answer ourselves, we'll try to point you in the right direction.