We've had many requests for AC adaptors for the 9 volt battery K&K preamps, and are very happy to announce that K&K Sound has begun producing one. Using an off-the-shelf AC adaptor can be problematic as few have sufficient noise filtering, so you can end up introducing 60hz hum and other noises into the signal.
This new unit delivers 10.5-12 volts, which can enhance the headroom, clarity, and noise levels according to K&K Sound Systems. The photo and the actual adaptor body may differ slightly.
Previously, two models were available - to remedy confusion, K&K has now combined the features into one power adapter that is suitable for all of their 9v-powered compact preamps.
This power supply has a battery clip connected to a thin and extra-rigid 3/32" cable, allowing it to exit from the in/output jack side of the preamp, between lid and rear panel. The photo shows a notch in the preamp case, a feature that will eventually make its way to all dual channel preamps; however, the notch is not necessary and any K&K preamp can accommodate the cable. This thin cable extends for the first 5 feet in order to provide a comfortable weight and feel.
- Input voltage: 100 -240 volt
- Input plug type: USA
- Output voltage: 10.5 volt DC /100 mA
- Output connector: 9 volt battery clip
- Dimesions: 3.3/4" L x 2 3/8" W x 1 1/4" H
- Cable length: 10 feet (5 feet 1/4" plus 5 feet 3/32")
- Type: Fully filtered DC voltage supply - noise and hum free
For valid warranty claims, K&K will repair the item and ship it back to the customer for free, via the lowest cost shipping method. Initial shipping charges are to be paid by the customer. We normally have a 1-2 business day turnover time for repairs.
Initiating a Warranty Claim
- Please test the K&K product thoroughly to ensure that it is the source of the problem (not a cable or other unit used in combination with the item). If the product requires a battery, ensure that the battery is new and fresh.
- Call K&K (1-800-867-6863 x107) or e-mail tech support to obtain an RA number. This number is valid for 10 days. Items returned without a valid RA number may not be processed.
- Include proof of purchase to show that the item is within the 12-month warranty period. If proof of purchase cannot be obtained, or if the item is outside the warranty period, a repair fee may be charged.
- Package the product securely. K&K is not responsible for damage incurred during transit.
- Please include the following information with the package:
- RA number
- Description of the problem
- Copy of invoice, sales receipt, or similar proof of purchase
- Complete contact information with phone number
K&K Sound Systems Inc
Attn: RA # [Please indicate your unique RA number here]
92798 Cape Arago Hwy
Coos Bay, OR 97420