Nicely padded cover for the EA line of cabinets; they have access for the handles for ease of carrying the cabinets around, and are nicely lined to protect the cabinet from scratches and surface damage.
The cover for the NL-210 cabinets is all black with black piping and has a large side accessory pocket. There is no logo on that cover. The handle opening is on top.
Once these are sold out, they will no longer be available.
Here is the official statement from Euphonic Audio (EA) from early January, 2022:
Sadly, we must announce that after 40 years, Euphonic Audio (EA) has ceased operations, effective December 31, 2021.
EA was formed in 1981 as a high-end hi-fi speaker manufacturer. In 1996 we focused attention on accurate sounding, compact, and lightweight gear for bass instruments, always emphasizing utilizing USA based sourcing and assembly. Throughout these past 40 years we have tried to make the best possible products for the best price, and to focus on outstanding customer service. We have always operated with a tight profit margin and of course, given our size, we never had the purchasing advantage of larger organizations. The worldwide COVID situation has created shipping and parts sourcing issues beyond our ability to overcome.
The warranty is void under the following conditions:
- If the unit has been damaged due to accident, improper handling, installation or operation
- If the unit has been damaged in shipping
- Abuse or misuse. This includes exceeding the physical limitations of amplifier or speaker cabinet, i.e. using excessive bass boost in the Wizzy 10.
- Unauthorized repair or attempted repair
- If the serial number has been defaced or removed
All liability for any incidental or consequential damage for breach or any expressed or implied warranties is disclaimed and excluded here from.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental and/or consequential damages, so that the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Please follow these steps if your equipment requires repair:
- Locate your original bill of sale which should include date and place of purchase.
- Call, FAX or write to Euphonic Audio describing the problem and for issue of a Return Authorization Number (RA)
- Pack the unit carefully, preferably in the original shipping carton, enclose a brief description of the problem, and a copy of the Bill of Sale. Write the RA number on the carton and ship prepaid to the factory. Please be sure to properly insure the unit when shipping it.
- If it is determined that the unit is under warranty, we will repair the unit as deemed appropriate (repair or replacement parts) free of charge and return the repaired unit to you.
- If it is determined that the unit is not under warranty, we will return the repaired unit COD for the cost of repair, shipping and insurance.