Jeff is a fairly regular visitor to the Gollihur Music HQ, and he brought one of these fabulous amps (pre-production) for us to check out. Now, we don't normally do "non-bass" stuff, but Christopher is a gigging acoustic guitarist, as well as a bassist, so we were able to quite effectively put it through its paces. It's got truly transparent sound, with the same "width" of stage coverage as the Bass Array cabinets - in fact, with higher-frequency content, that width might even be more apparent (and effective.)
Dual-channel inputs provide for either multiple inputs or dual-source options (do you have a mic and a pickup? two mics? go for it!) You could even easily use this amp as a mini-PA for coffeehouse gigs; plug a guitar in one channel and a vocal mic into the other - and you're golden. Instrument inputs with a 5 megohm input impedance allow you to use a passive piezo setup (like a K&K Pure Pickup) without any need for external preamps. A 3-band EQ and contour control - on each channel - allow for precise tone-shaping, and a phase switch can help with feedback attenuation. Built-in digital reverb and chorus provide spaciousness and color to your sound.
The combo's power section delivers 150 watts to its internal speaker array -- and if you add an additional extension cabinet, you'll be pushing 300 watts. It's a formidiable, yet very compact, rig; excellent sound, really nice depth, and enough volume for almost any gig. And it has clever built-in DI options - for use in large gigs where you need to send your signal to the house and use your amp for onstage monitoring. There's a master (post-EQ) DI output, as well as a pair of pre-EQ DIs (one for each channel) if you want the soundman to mix and process your guitars or blend.
The Acoustic Array Pro has a smart design with a slight angled orientation, to get the sound "up in the air" rather than pointed at your feet - and it also has a built in post stand adapter (see photo below) for mounting up high for the most efficient sound dispersal.
- Two Identical Preamp Channels w/Mic and Instrument Inputs
- Phantom Power for Condenser Mics
- Signal Phase Reverse Switch
- Unique Contour Circuit for Quick Tonal Adjustments
- Active EQ w/Sweepable Mids
- Adjustable Digital Reverb and Chorus on Each Channel
- Innovative Acoustic Array™ Speaker System Design
- 10" Woofer w/4 x 2.5” Cone-driver Line Array
- Slanted Cabinet Design for Improved Projection
- Ultra-lightweight 27 lb Compact Cabinet Design
- Power Output: 150 W (combo); 300 W with Extension Cab
- 3 XLR Direct Outputs
- Effects Loop
- Auxiliary Input
- Bottom-mounted Stand Adaptor
- Power Output: 150 Watts / 8 ohms; 300 Watts / 4 ohms (with extension cabinet)
The Acoustic Array™ PRO uses a state of the art, Class D power amplifier design and a high frequency auto-sensing universal switch-mode power supply (SMPS) to achieve unprecedented high performance in a lightweight package. For global use, there are no Voltage Switches to change or jumpers to move. This SMPS senses the line voltage from 100-240 Volts and automatically configures itself.
- Speaker System Frequency Response: 60 - 20K Hz
- Operating Power condition: 100 - 240V, 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions: 16.75”H X 15.75”W X 13.75”D (42.54cm H x 40.0cm W x 34.92cm D)
- Weight: 27 LBS (12.24 Kg)
- PREAMP --- Identical dual channels with Mic and Instrument inputs on each.
- INPUT -- 5Meg ohm input impedance.
- MIC AND INSTRUMENT INPUTS --- on each channel. These inputs can also be used simultaneously together on each channel.
- CHANNEL VOLUME – Voiced to provide natural, pristine, transparent reproduction of the instrument.
- INPUT PHASE SWITCH – reverses the polarity of the instrument input to help control potential feedback.
- CONTOUR -- continuously variable control of a pre-shaped curve that boosts lows and highs while simultaneously cutting Mids. The slope is fairly gentle which keeps the tone shaping very musical. This curve covers a wide range of EQ and offers a quick and simple starting point for EQ adjustments.
- ACTIVE EQUALIZATION – The AA-PRO contains an active 3 band equalizer with a sweepable parametric mid-range frequency control.
- Bass +/- 15dB boost/cut shelving curve with a corner frequency of 75Hz
- Mid +/- 15dB boost/cut of the variable mid frequency selected
- Freq. Variable mid frequency from 200Hz- 5kHz
- Treble +/- 15dB boost/cut shelving curve with a corner frequency of 7.5kHz
- Digital Effect --- Each channel has its own set of REVERB and CHORUS level controls that provide the user with the most flexibility in having either or both effects on each channel. The parameters of each effect are variable at the Master Section with the Reverb Time and Chorus Rate controls.
- XLR Direct Output – 3 Outputs
- Channel 1 – Pre-EQ
- Channel 2 – Pre-EQ
- Global: Ch1 and 2 -- Post EQ
- Ground Lift Switch
- Effects Loop
- Aux Input
- Head Phones
- Foot Switch – EFFECTS CANCEL (Foot switch not included)
- Dual 1/4” Outputs
NORTH AMERICA EXCLUSIVE
Due to manufacturer's requirements, we are only allowed to ship this amplifier to North American (US and Canada) addresses. I'm sorry for the limitation, and any inconvenience this may cause.
7 Day Trial Period on Amplifiers and Speaker Cabinets
We know that it's tough to buy new gear over the Internet. So purchasers have a seven (7) day trial period during which they may return the amp in new condition -- NO QUESTIONS ASKED! -- for a full refund, minus all shipping costs and a small transaction fee to cover credit card processing. Call or email us first: returns must be preauthorized; a restocking fee applies if the unit is not returned in new condition.
Need to figure out some of the more in-depth features of this product? Here's a copy of the manual, in PDF format, here.
You may wish to visit the manufacturer's website to see if a more recent version is available.
This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or cosmetic issues incurred from the designed use of the product. This warranty does not cover use of and/or demands beyond the products intended design or specifications. This warranty does not cover products used in rental stock. Products used for rental either at the store level or backline companies are covered for 1 year from the date of purchase. Tubes are warrantied for 90 days.
Except to the extent precluded by State Law, GENZLER AMPLIFICATION specifically excludes from this warranty any responsibility for consequential or special damages.
This warranty is only effective if a copy of the original sales receipt is presented at the time of warranty service.
It is GENZLER AMPLIFICATIONS sole choice to repair or replace, at its option, any defective materials found, provided:
- The product has not been misused, abused, tampered, altered, or damaged by accident or during shipment.
- The product has not been modified or repaired or attempted repair by any unauthorized personnel.
- The product has not been subjected to excessive or insufficient power, i.e. burned or discolored voice coils or crossover components.
- The product has been returned to Genzler Amplification or its authorized service center, freight pre-paid, together with copy of the original sales receipt, from an authorized dealer.
- The product has been registered on our website based warranty registration platform within 14 days of the purchase date.
- The products original serial number is intact and has not been defaced, changed or removed.
For warranty service please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The customer is responsible for proper packaging and freight to and from a GENZLER AMPLIFICATION warranty service facility. We are not responsible for damages from insufficiently packaged products returned for service.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
I received the Genzler Acoustic Array combo. I used it on one gig so far and I was impressed. Although it wasn't a particularly big room, I barely had to turn up the volume knobs. It seems like it's not just the volume but the projection. I'm still learning how the controls interact.