Golden Bullet Microphone for Upright Bass
- FREE SHIPPING:
- To all 50 US States
K&K's various bass transducers can deliver an exceptionally warm and natural sound -- but there are times when a microphone can add extra warmth and life to your signal, or perhaps be the total true voice of your bass. Choosing and using a microphone can be a real challenge and an expensive proposition, especially when you want to blend it with your current rig. K&K Sound has taken all the hassle out of the process by creating a series of professional systems that can work for you immediately -- right out of the box.
This specialty Double Bass Microphone is available in several different configurations. You can get the mic alone (with its own phantom power/output box), you can opt for the upgrade system (has a second input to be used with your existing pickup), or you can get a combination system with the mic and one of K&K's excellent pickups, either the Golden Trinity/Bass Max or the Golden Trinity/Double Big Twin.
The Golden Bullet Microphone is a condenser mic chosen specifically for its characteristics and performance with the Double Bass. This is not an "off-the-shelf" microphone, but one designed and custom built by K&K in their shop in Oregon. I was delighted to work with Dieter of K&K to finalize the selection of this specific unit, which combines great sound with excellent feedback resistance. It's unidirectional to help avoid rumble and bleed from other instruments. Amazingly light and small, it is mounted on your bridge using adhesive 3M Dual Lock and positioned using its built-in six-inch gooseneck. And don't worry about the bridge mounting -- I stuck the mic attachment to a mail scale, and the assembly registered about .25 ounces in weight!
Please note: If you have never used a microphone with your bass before, please realize that there are limitations to microphone use - that's why transducers were developed! There is far greater feedback potential, and it will require greater care to position your bass, mic, and speakers, and adjust EQ to avoid feedback or unwanted resonances. This is why each system, excepting the Golden Bullet Mic by itself, includes the ability to combine the mic with a transducer -- so the player has the option to rely on a more feedback-resistant transducer in tight or loud stage situations where a mic alone is not practical.
SPECIFICATIONS for the Microphone:
- Frequency Range: 20 - 17,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 7 mV/PA/1 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 139 dB
- Polar Pattern: Hyper-unidirectional
- Output: XLR active balanced or 1/4" line level (your choice)
- Mic Power Supply: 9 Volt through Supplied Golden Bullet preamp
- Choose a 1/4" output or XLR output box (XLR output box can be phantom powered!)
- You can also buy the "solo" model, which includes NO box - you will need a preamp that can supply 9v phantom power at the 1/4" input to use the SOLO mic; a good option is the LR Baggs GigPro preamp (which was discontinued at the beginning of 2022).
Golden Bullet Frequency Response curve
Golden Bullet unidirectional pickup pattern
Need to figure out some of the more in-depth features of this product? Here's a copy of the manual, in PDF format, here.
You may wish to visit the manufacturer's website to see if a more recent version is available.
For valid warranty claims, K&K will repair the item and ship it back to the customer for free, via the lowest cost shipping method. Initial shipping charges are to be paid by the customer. We normally have a 1-2 business day turnover time for repairs.
Initiating a Warranty Claim
- Please test the K&K product thoroughly to ensure that it is the source of the problem (not a cable or other unit used in combination with the item). If the product requires a battery, ensure that the battery is new and fresh.
- Call K&K (1-800-867-6863 x107) or e-mail tech support to obtain an RA number. This number is valid for 10 days. Items returned without a valid RA number may not be processed.
- Include proof of purchase to show that the item is within the 12-month warranty period. If proof of purchase cannot be obtained, or if the item is outside the warranty period, a repair fee may be charged.
- Package the product securely. K&K is not responsible for damage incurred during transit.
- Please include the following information with the package:
- RA number
- Description of the problem
- Copy of invoice, sales receipt, or similar proof of purchase
- Complete contact information with phone number
K&K Sound Systems Inc
Attn: RA # [Please indicate your unique RA number here]
92798 Cape Arago Hwy
Coos Bay, OR 97420