Can be used WITH or WITHOUT your bag on the bass! (we prefer WITH)
The Bass Buggie is an alternative to a regular bass wheel (or bass case with wheels) that allows you to roll your bass around with an ease similar to that of pushing a hand truck. With large (6") diameter, dual "rollerblade" style wheels, the Bass Buggie rolls very smoothly and is easy to control. You can even use the Bass Buggie with or without your bass bag on your bass.
The Bass Buggie Cushion (available together with the Buggie or separately) adds a padded cushion to the platform of your Bass Buggie, absorbing the shock of particularly rough terrain (or protecting the bass edges from the plastic platform.)
How's it work? The loop on one end has a ring which goes around your endpin. You then rest your bass lower bout on the buggie, and wrap the strap up around the side of the bass. At the top of the strap, a bungie-cord lasso easily loops around the neck - and viola! Let's roll.
The main image shows the Bass Buggie on a bass without a bag; it works just as easily on a bass inside a gig bag as well! (When used on a bass inside a bag, the bungie lasso simply loops around the neck and back down - it doesn't go under the strings.)
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Can strap onto the bass body with or without a bag.
- Can allow the bass to stand upright momentarily (as to get through a doorway).
- Works indoors as well as outdoors!
- Is made of durable high impact molded plastic.
- Overall dimensions are 36cm / 14.2" length and 16cm / 6.3" in diameter (wheels, height & width).
- Inside platform length is 28.5cm / 11.2 inches.
- Weight is 3 lbs., 2 oz.
- Adjusts to any size bass from 1/10 to 4/4.
- Has non-marking durable roller-blade style wheels.
Note: Wheels were updated/improved in September 2018 with a wider contact patch and better maneuverability, especially in gravel, snow, or other difficult terrain.
- Rolls easily and straight on ball-bearing wheels.
- Allows endpin to remain in place while in use.
- Has a flexible body that provides some shock absorption.
- Optional Cushion adds additional protection from bumpy terrain.
The length of the strap is easily adjustable, so this buggie should be compatible with every bass, from small 1/10 size student basses, all the way up to most 4/4 5-string basses (check the measurements if you have a bass of unusual depth!)
The optional "Buggie Cushion" provides for extra cushioning in very rough terrains, or for when you put your bass on the buggie without the gig bag. It attaches to the Bass Buggie body with heavy-duty velcro, which is included with the cushion.
We have been informed by RC Williams Co., the inventor and manufacturer of the Bass Buggy, that there are counterfeit "Bass Buggy" products being sold elsewhere - most notably at "a large internet retailer." The real - PATENTED - Bass Buggie is made in the USA, and all of ours are sourced DIRECTLY from our friends at RC Williams Co. So If you're thinking about buying one of those to save $1, you're going to have a bad time.