Folding Stand for Double Bass by On Stage
- Not Eligible for Free Shipping:
- Due to its large shipping size and relatively low cost, this item does not qualify for free shipping.
Upright Bass Stand -
one of the most stable stands you'll find!
For years I reluctantly used my old bass stand - the old Hamilton stand that had the little "cup" you had to aim for (and often missed on a darkened stage!) But I never had much confidence in the stand's stability, and using it could be a pain. I've tried a number of stands to replace it, but this stand has a specific feature that makes it the most flexible - and well-suited for taller bassists and others who extend their endpins more than six inches: the cradle arms are adjustable.
The upper cradle arm features a flip-out hook for hanging your bow. All contact surfaces are covered with non-marking EVA Foam material. As solid as it is, the stand still folds flat and to a reasonably compact size. This is no wimpy plastic stand -- it is of all metal construction, except for the padding and vinyl tips, and weighs 6.4 pounds -- almost two pounds LESS than a model we used to carry!
This stand has the advantage of the movable bottom cradle - it can go up higher to allow for an unusually long endpin (for many basses, depending on the other instrument dimensions, it can be as long as 10-11 inches!) Many other stands can accommodate a 6" endpin extension, but that's it - so if you are a taller player this stand is the appropriate choice - and it also costs less!
The stand's flexibility can also enable it to accommodate a Baby Bass type instrument, as it is designed to handle a bass or cello; it will also accommodate an Eminence bass. It should also work with Palatino EUBs and BSX Allegro Basses as well, but we don't have those to test and are awaiting customers to confirm that for us.
- Holds most cellos and double basses
- Fully and independently adjustable lower yoke
- EVA foam protects your instrument
- Non-slip rubber feet
- Rear hook to hold your bow
- Height Adjustment (lower to upper yoke): 28" - 52.5"
- Maximum Height from Floor: The bottom of the bass can be approximately 17.5" from floor with the lower arms at their maximum height. This allows for the endpin to be extended as much as 16.5" and still easily clear the floor - good for small-bodied electric uprights like Eminence, Palatino, Ampeg Baby Bass, and others.
- Base Spread: 22.5"
- Weight Capacity: 60 lbs.
The Stand has been verified by our customers to fit:
- Most ¾ size basses
- Most ¼-½ size basses
- Many 7/8-4/4 size basses *
- Ampeg Baby Basses (and reissues)
- Eminence Electric Upright Bass
My granddaughter says it's just right.
This was the only stand (because it is also for cello) I could find to accommodate the long end pin on my Ampeg Baby Bass. Great price, too. And Gollihur went the extra mile to measure it before I ordered to ensure that it would hold the bass high enough for the end pin not to touch the floor. Otherwise I would have had to retract the pin every time it went into the stand and extend it every time I wanted to play.
Gollihur carried the stand by ingles for as long as I can remember, and I've bought a couple of those over the years. I'm not sure why they changed to this new one, but Mark told me on the phone that it was every bit as good and I took his word for it. He's right, it's actually even a little bit lighter to carry and folds a little bit smaller but it's just as sturdy and just as easy to use. And it's cheaper, so it is a win-win. Great stand, and great service as usual.