Dual Channel PRO Preamp
TWO Channels on TWO MONO INPUTS
Dual Channel Pro features the same specs as the other K&K Preamps, but features two independently controlled channels to allow you to blend two pickups or other sources. With its 1 MegOhm input, you can use the inputs for two piezo pickups, mics, or magnetic pickups using the two separate ¼" phone jacks. It features external volume controls for each channel, along with individual internal treble, midrange, bass, and gain trim controls for each channel for fine-tuning. The main output delivers the blended signal. Extremely compact, approx. 4 3/8 x 3 3/8 x 1.5 inches.
Dual Channel PRO Preamp ST
TWO channels on ONE STEREO INPUT
Dual Channel Pro features the same specs as the Dual Channel PRO Preamp, but features a stereo input and specialized dual outputs. As with the standard Dual Channel PRO preamp, you can use the input for two piezo pickups, mics, or magnetic pickups; however, it has a single, stereo (TRS) ¼" input jack. Like the other, it features external volume controls for each channel, along with individual internal treble, midrange, bass, and gain trim controls for each channel for fine-tuning. Another difference is in the unique output jack options: the main output alone delivers the blended signal - but if you also plug into the second ¼" output, it automatically re-routes each input individually to those two individual outputs, so you can send each pickup to separate amps (or board channels).Extremely compact, approx. 4 3/8 x 3 3/8 x 1.5 inches.
K&K Sound preamps are full-range, and suitable for use with any pickup. Due to their 1 megohm input impedance, they are ideal for piezo-based and magnetic pickups. Yup, I've been known to use my Pure Preamp with my old '71 Fender Precision fretless bass, for that "active" sound without making nasty new holes in that sweet old bass.
Do you need a preamp?
You might not, but it's good to know for sure! Refer to the information I've put together concerning impedance matching and using piezo pickups with "normal" amplifiers.
All K&K Preamps have the same basic specifications:
- Frequency range 10 - 30,000 Hz
- Input Impedance: 1 Mega Ohm
- Output Impedance: 3 K Ohm
- Average Current: 3.5 mA
For valid warranty claims, K&K will repair the item and ship it back to the customer for free, via the lowest cost shipping method. Initial shipping charges are to be paid by the customer. We normally have a 1-2 business day turnover time for repairs.
Initiating a Warranty Claim
- Please test the K&K product thoroughly to ensure that it is the source of the problem (not a cable or other unit used in combination with the item). If the product requires a battery, ensure that the battery is new and fresh.
- Call K&K (1-800-867-6863 x107) or e-mail tech support to obtain an RA number. This number is valid for 10 days. Items returned without a valid RA number may not be processed.
- Include proof of purchase to show that the item is within the 12-month warranty period. If proof of purchase cannot be obtained, or if the item is outside the warranty period, a repair fee may be charged.
- Package the product securely. K&K is not responsible for damage incurred during transit.
- Please include the following information with the package:
- RA number
- Description of the problem
- Copy of invoice, sales receipt, or similar proof of purchase
- Complete contact information with phone number
K&K Sound Systems Inc
Attn: RA # [Please indicate your unique RA number here]
92798 Cape Arago Hwy
Coos Bay, OR 97420