A simple, sonically superior DI for acoustic instrumentalists.
When you're doing a studio session, or playing a gig where you just need to drop a DI line to the house, you can do one of two things:
- You can trust that the soundman has a suitable DI in that dirty, beat up duffle bag he's got in the van - who knows if it even has the right input impedance for piezos (it probably doesn't) but, who cares, right?
- You can bring your own, reliable, clean-sounding DI to the gig, and ensure that all the hard work you put into making your bass sound great comes through the speakers to the audience.
I dunno about you, but I'll take what's behind curtain number 2 every time, Monty.
The Dee-Eye Instrument Preamp is that reliable, clean-sounding DI. It's a simple solution for connecting instruments with high-impedance piezoelectric pickups (like your bass with a pickup on it) to a venue’s sound system. Any passive or active instrument pickup is supported.
Get one of these in your hands - you can tell just by the feel of it, and you can open it up to verify it: Fire-Eye products are crafted from the highest quality components available. The Fire-Eye products are designed by an electronics engineer with over 50 years of professional experience.
Plug in, and you will get high fidelity, low noise and simple plug and play performance.
Yes, it's a simple design: input, effects loop, output, done. This no-frills precision approach to amplification offers a truly satisfying tonal experience for musicians and their audience.
This unit ONLY runs on phantom power (required) and does not operate with a battery or outboard power supply.
- Input: high-impedance, 1 million ohms, maximum 5 volts peak-to-peak level.
- Low-impedance, balanced, XLR output, 600 ohms, will drive long cables to a mix-board.
- Requires XLR Phantom Power.
- Power OK Light is on when preamp is properly powered from the mixboard.
- ¼ inch output and input for accessory loop, suitable for stomp-tuners or effects boxes or for output to on-stage guitar amps or PAs.
- Internal filtering to reject radio-frequency interference from neon lights and cell phones.
- Small Size: 1.25 x 1.5 x 3.75 inches. Weight: 6 ounces